Thursday, March 19, 2009

I saved $69 at Price Chopper

I am learning how to save at CVS and Walgreens and doing ok at it. Aside from the soaps, razors, toothpast, diapers and wipes I guess I still need to buy food for the family. I was on a mission to save a lot of money at a grocery store. After studing the ads and going through all my coupons I had a plan but I didn't think it was a very good one. I am used to saving maybe $5-$15 by using my shopper card and spending $150-$250 on one trip to the store. If you buy a lot of meat and produce that will hike the bill even more. Well.....I realized this was a GREAT week to shop at Price Chopper. Below is what I purchased.



4.46 lbs. of pork chops
7.98 lbs. of ground chuck
5.2 lbs. of ribs
4 packages of hot dogs
3 boxes of Wheat Thins
2 boxes of Cheese It crackers
2 Coffeemate Creamers
1 loaf of bread
1 Quaker Rice Cakes
bananas
pears
red grapes
2 packages of shreaded cheese
1 deli meat ham
1 deli meat turkey
1 Peter Pan peanut butter
Paper Towels
1/2 gallon Soy Milk
Era Laundry Detergent

My total for the entire purchase before sale prices and coupons was $149.73. My total grand total before tax was $80.30!!!!! I saved $6943!!! I didn't think this was possible at the grocery store. I was so excited. The key was to look for the deepest discounts. All the meat was on sale at awesome prices. Look for the items that are on sale and have a limit. Those are loss leaders. Stock up on sale items that are non perishable or you can freeze. We have enough meat for meals for the next two weeks and we can freeze it.

The meat is still on sale through Tuesday, March 24th.
Pork Chops on sale for $1.88/lb save $3.51 per pound
ground chuck on sale for $1.49/lb save $1.30 per pound
Pork Ribs on sale for $1.88/lb save $2.51 per pound
hot dogs on sale for $0.99 ea - save $2.20 per package

I purchased $81.89 worth of meat and only spent $34.01 just for the meat. I might go back tomorrow and get more for the freezer. I also purchased other items on sale and used coupons. I looked for sale items that had a limit. That indicated to me they were at rock bottom prices.

Thanks for reading and happy shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment