Thursday, March 19, 2009

Why is it.....?

Why is it when you get something new and expensive something always happens to it right away. For instance....we purchased new living room furniture five years ago. Three weeks after we bought our new furniture our oldest daughter got a stomach virus. You guessed it, she projectile vomited all over the couch. To top it off she must have drank or ate something orange because that was the color of the puke. It was just lovely. Well, we got it all cleaned up and moved on.

Next comes the brand new carpet in the basement. Guess who got a hold of the food coloring. Yep....same daughter. Red food coloring was all over the carpet. Now, that was really my own fault for leaving food coloring within a 2 year olds reach. Amazingly enough I was able to get it all out of the light beige carpet. I am becoming the master at getting things out of carpet and fabric.

Let's fast forward 5 years. Daughter is now almost 8 years old. We just replaced the basement carpet last week with beautiful frieze carpet. We went a little darker this time to hide all the dirt the kids track all over it. I had also just painted the walls. We had crammed all the "stuff" (aka junk) in the storage room in the basement. This included all the toys. I also stacked up some paint cans in there to get them out of the room while the carpet was being installed. The girls wanted to get some of their toys out so oldest daughter, the same one as before, climbed on top of the paint cans to get into the storage room. Of course I hollered at her to get out of there and off the paint cans. Well, a short while later my daughter came upstairs crying. She said something terrible happened but they didn't do it. I ran downstairs and was horrified at what had happened. My daughter knocked one of the paint cans over and the lid came off. Yes, almost a gallon of paint was all over my brand new carpet. I have to admit I didn't hammer the lids on very tight but I did tell her not to climb on the cans. My mom and I immediately went to work and after two hours we amazingly were able to get all the paint out of the carpet. Oh the insanity of motherhood!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment